• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Problems rooting HTC One M7

I am stuck on a very early step. At the very beginning when I open up the command prompt when I enter "adb devices" it says "list of devices attached" but doesn't show a serial number for my phone. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I have installed the drivers and then deleted them and installed HTC Sync both and it's still the same problem. Can someone please help me out here? Thanks!

I am stuck on a very early step. At the very beginning when I open up the command prompt when I enter "adb devices" it says "list of devices attached" but doesn't show a serial number for my phone. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I have installed the drivers and then deleted them and installed HTC Sync both and it's still the same problem. Can someone please help me out here? Thanks!

Install HTC sync. Let it finish. Then uninstall sync but leaving the drivers behind. You need the drivers so your computer can read your device.

Upvote 0
I've installed the drivers and then when that didn't work installed htc sync and tried that and still nothing. I deleted htc sync and tried it and still the same thing

sounds like you on an old hboot and windows 8.1
you need a hacked driver install untill you get you hboot above 1.54.

[FIX] Windows 8.1 Fastboot/Flashmode/ADB for Sony and Samsung devices - XDA Forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2500592&d=1389122072

HTML Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
I repeat this is a REALLY DIRTY solution that may harm your system, personal data, hardware and/or cat.
Here are the steps:
0. Have a Linux or Windows LiveCD just in case something goes wrong
1. Download and extract files from attachment
2. Navigate to the folder corresponding to your system version (x86 = 32-bit, x64 = 64 bit)
3. Right-click franken-usb.bat and click "Run as Administrator"
5. Wait for it to finish and reboot the system. If everything went fine, you will boot your system successfully
6. Install ADB/Fastboot drivers just like on Windows 8
7. Connect your phone in Fastboot mode to your USB 2.0 port and check if it works
8. Enjoy and wait for official fix

How does it work:
It's not any kind of magic - it just replaces Windows 8.1's usbhub.sys and usbport.sys with Windows 8's ones.
Old files don't check for BOS descriptor so Fastboot can work.

Script updated - it should now actually copy the files but please double check if files were copied to C:\Windows\system32\Drivers!

Hope it helps you!

Regards!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones