• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems rooting Samsung Galaxy mini GT-5700I (Phone not detected in Odin)

*NOTICE* Samsung Galaxy GT-5570i mistake in title :S

Hi

Okay so the problem is my Samsung galaxy mini doesnt get detected by Odin v.4.85 but it gets detected in v.1.85. I've tried restarting the phone many times. All settings are set in the "Application" and USB debugg. All usb drivers are installed 100% with Samsung Kies.
Also tried reinstaling the drivers and other versions it still didnt work. Its 100% not the USB cable cuz it works perfectly fine when out of download mode and Kies recognizes the device.
I've tried rooting it with SuperOneClick also , that one gets stuck on one line...I've also tried through recovery mode but it didnt work either i got error, and interrupted.

Also a question : Is it possible to get clockworkmod and root without using Odin?

In any case theese info are needed:Android version is 2.3.6(i did not install this one it came with the phone) , Baseband version 25570IXXKL4, Kernel Version 2.6.35.7(official.tassve@androide #1), Build Number GINGERBREAD.IXXKL4

Sorry its GT-5570i

Looking forward to your answers
~Riste

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones