Problems sending photos from hero

Last Updated:

1. swr314159

swr314159 New Member This Topic's Starter

When I send camera shots via email using HTC's Mail application, the photos are not readable by most recipients (except, interestingly enough, by my wife on her blackberry). Same photos sent by the gmail app are fine.

The photos appear as attachments, but they cannot be viewed and when the recipient tries to download, a jpg that is only a fraction of the total size is saved and that file is not viewable either.

Do I have something set wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Robchaos

Robchaos Well-Known Member

mms size limits on other phones maybe?

3. bbv203

bbv203 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem, and it isn't to mms recipients. It is to a email address being checked on a computer. I can send it from my gmail app and it shows up just fine. I set up my main gmail (I have 2, one for work, one personal) in HTC mail, sent the pic and same problem, so I don't think it is a problem with the gmail account itself. Also, I have the message size in settings set to "no limit":confused:

4. Robchaos

Robchaos Well-Known Member

I think that sprint will not send files over 1mb over their network regardless of how you send it.

5. bbv203

bbv203 Well-Known Member

I have no problem sending the same email with the same attachments via the Gmail app. This is what confuses/frustrates me. Even a single picture @ 275kb won't go through.

6. rufflez

rufflez Member

Works fine for me. I sent a pic (1.4MB) using the mail application and opened it on my computer just fine. Sorry I couldn't help recreate the issue.

7. bbv203

bbv203 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think it's time to ruu and start over, as there is a bunch of seemingly unrelated issues going on with my phone