Problems since 2.2 Froyo updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jay Meredith

Jay Meredith New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi to all & new to this forum.

I will say sorry now, if this is already going on in another thread. I searched but couldn't find it. So here it goe's.....

My HTC Incedible updated yesterday morning to 2.2 (yeah I thought), no real problems except that along with the update came a few new applications. I don't mind that they are installed, but they AUTO RUN. They are;
    - VZ Navigator
    - Amazon MP3
    - My Verizon Mobil
    - Skype Mobil
    - and a few others that I can't recall.
    I dont realy use any of these. No big deal like I said, but the start on their own & run in the background & eat up the battery. The Incredible's battery life wasnt the greatest to begin with & all I ever had to do was to open task killer & shut down any apps I had opened to preserve as much life as I could. if I didn't open anything, it was all good. Now these are opening on their own & I DONT LIKE IT.....

Any help for the newbee would be great & thanks in advance.

Jay M.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

"They run in the background" means just that. They're loaded to memory but aren't using any CPU cycle or additional power. When another app comes along that needs the memory, Android will kick them out of memory (although they may reload again later). I've honestly given up trying to manage apps and memory and just let Android take care of it all. That is, except when I am using PSX4Droid; then I may hit end all just so that it runs even more smoothly. :)

3. Jay Meredith

Jay Meredith New Member This Topic's Starter

But you say they dont use any power, I only started looking since I noticed my battery life was less than it should be. it was sitting idle for most of the day & the battery looked like I had been talking on it most of the day. ??????? Also for them to start up & load, the processor has to use power & what ever is checking to see if they are loaded or not & giving the command to load is using power. So I have to dissagree. :confused:

Thank you for the reply, but it just doesn't make sense....

Jay M.

4. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

Here is another problem...

Mystery Vibrations -- Every half hour or more I get either a short or a LONG (as in it will go on until my battery is dead) vibrate alert from my phone. Sound settings --> No vibrate
    No new messages, no missed calls, no missed or upcoming appointments...Happens on 3 different roms so far. Any ideas?

5. 1GamNation

1GamNation New Member

Ive had a few problems also, Including HTC Sense force closing ALL the time, lag when unlocking the phone after its been idle. If anyway can help me fix these problems it would be much appreciated!