problems since OS update, gingerbread to ice cream sandwichSupport

1. Jenny h

Jenny h New Member

I updated my phone yesterday (which I thought would be a good thing) generally it is a good improvement has far as the apps and settings go, but since the upgrade my phone has been behaving erratically, I'm receiving the same text msg 3 times everything, ok I know it's the end of the world, and I can live with that, just explaining the whole picture, also having trouble answering calls, its like the slide button no longer works, but what I really don't like is how slow my phone is now performing, which it's speed before was one of the things I liked before the update. I know it said it would run slower after the update, but this is bordering ridiculous.
    Is anyone else having the same or similar problems since the update to ice cream sandwich??

Advertisement
    :
  2. kevlaa

kevlaa Member

I am its really doing my head in!!!!
    Ive tried changing settings to help but nothing really helps, it still lags like a bitch!!!!

ive been looking all over the place to see if there is anyway to get back to ginger bread but cant really find anything.
    it my be a case of holding out till jelly bean is released for the xperia u next year.
  3. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

If anything mine seems a tad more responsive. Can't say about Facebook/Twitter etc. as I don't use them on the phone. Streams from Amazon Cloud Player OK. no probs with ZoomFX or HDR apps either.
  4. hel22

hel22 Active Member

My phone lags terribly, it's really becoming useless!
    A factory reset helps for about a week.
    Anyone can share if they did something to improve it??? Will rooting the phone get rid of the issues?
  5. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

If you've got a lot of apps, it helps to move them to internal storage.
  6. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes if you root you can change a lot of slow and lagging problems you are having on the dalvick try m=y on the build.prop . Works wonders
  7. hel22

hel22 Active Member

Not that I have a clue what you are talking about lol but thanks! I just saw a video where you can root your device without unlocking the boot loader (whatever that means) and you can remove stock apps. If I do this, will my device stop lagging??
  8. kevlaa

kevlaa Member

1. did you have any success? if you did please let me know what ive put up with this for to long now.thanks guys.

9. BRAINZ2013

Well u can give it a try but make a back up if it don't work just put the backup in place and unroot and reset the phone yes hard reset a few times . But from what i been told its hard to brick a sony device cause the sony update tool is the savor
  10. kevlaa

kevlaa Member

So does the m=y @build prop work on a Xperia u?
  11. BRAINZ2013

Yes do u have facebook open 24-7
  12. kevlaa

kevlaa Member

I have the app, but thats it I don't use facebook inside Xperia
  13. BRAINZ2013

Ok do u have Twitter or anything social media open that takes up space close if u remove the fb or Twitter app is more space . And what is the threshold set to on dalvick