• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems surfing the net with 3G/EDGE/WIFI.

Skreill

Lurker
Sep 8, 2009
Hi.
Just got my phone, but i have a little problem with the browser.
Whenever i try to conect to a webpage trough 3G/EDGE i get a message that says:

Data connectivity problem. The server failed to communicate. Try again later.

When i try to conect through WIFI the page just loads 50%, and then the browser frezes.

I can check and send e-mail, update my facebook through my contact card and stuff like that, but no surfing the web :(

When i got the phone i had a different simcard than the one i orderd the phone with. This was no problem with that simcard as i can recall. Now i use the one i bought i with, and all these problems just apeard.

Whats wrong?

Had Orange SIM for two months, all working fine. Last week web browsing via G/3G/HSPA stopped working. Gmail still worked, and web browsing via WiFi still worked. Go figure! After reading this thread I simply powered down, removed SIM, re-inserted SIM (no cleaning of contacts) and hey presto: the problem is solved!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I had similar issues and the sim was replaced. All good now.

The actual contact area of the sim on the back was totally different on the new one.

Does the problem with the SIM also affect browsing over wifi?!?

I've always had internet reliability problems, but assumed that it couldn't be anything to do with the mobile network because it also happens over my personal wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones