Problems syncing Hero with Outlook 2007 Calendar

Last Updated:

1. IIIsolitaireIII

IIIsolitaireIII Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

This is my first post and first time visiting these forums (Hi *waves*). Its also my first ever Android phone, I own a HTC Hero. I have downloaded the latest HTC Sync and my phone has frimware version 1.5 and Kernal version 2.627-8dd6deee and build number 2.73.405.5 146733CL#61267

I managed to get everything set up how I want it but have a problem syncing the phones calendar with my MS Outlook 2007 calendar. Some of my seem to be missing on the Hero or in the wrong date to the Outlook calendar. The same happend with the contacts, but that fixed after snycing again. However, the calendar is still messed up!

Does anyone know how to fix this please? Am really stuck with how to fix it and sorry if this has been posted before, i just couldn't find it after searching.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mmusaji

mmusaji Well-Known Member

Had a similar issue with Outlook 2003. In the end I got fed up and moved over to Google Calendar.... but not before I found a neat way to sync Google Calendar with Outlook.

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

Now this syncs with my Outlook (which is my main calendar) and I get automatic updates to my phone because that is sync'd with G-Calendar (and because that is sync'd with Outlook all is good)

Contacts are a bit more of an issue but I never relied on my contacts being on Outlook so I tranferred these over to Google contacts and now sync'd my phone to that.

In a nutshell, HTC Sync was such a pain I just wanted to get away from using it.

3. IIIsolitaireIII

Thanks for the tip mmusaji. I will give that a try

4. mmusaji

Cool, let me know how you get on.

5. IIIsolitaireIII

I tried using the google calendar to sync with my hero today and i still have a few wrong entries!

6. mmusaji

Are the entries showing ok in your google calendar online?

7. IIIsolitaireIII

yeah they are showing correctly on my google calendar! I cant understand whats going on!!!!

8. mmusaji

So they show up on your google calendar but not your phone? What about with Outlook? Make sure you've got your phone's calendar set up as Google and not Outlook or My Calendar.

9. IIIsolitaireIII

yes the entries are correct on both Outlook and google calendar online. it just seems to be when it gets to the phone! i have the phone set up to look at my google calendar too.