Problems texting since 2.1 updateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. marissa088

marissa088 Member This Topic's Starter

I've had problems texting since I did the 2.1 update yesterday. When I am typing and make an error, I hit the back button, but it doesn't go back, instead it sends the message and it's so frustrating. It's done this to me several times already, where I will be halfway through a sentence and it will send.

Also, even though I have my facebook synced with the phone, I don't have the pictures anymore.

Anybody know what to do about these problems??

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

There is an option to calibrate the keyboard in the keyboard options (which you get to by clicking the icon that looks like a gear, the second icon from the left on the bottom row.) It looks as if the keyboard is mistaking your press of the backspace for the enter key.

There is also an option to prevent hitting the enter key from sending the message. (I think it is in the settings of the Messaging app, which you get to while it is running by hitting the menu key, though it may also be an option in the keyboard, or in the settings app - I don't have my phone with me to check.) You may want that option turned off, to stop it from happening going forward.

3. marissa088

Do you use handcent messaging? I figured out that it is the enter key that is sending it. I mean to hit the back button but it hits enter instead. I cant find it under the keyboard settings or the handcent options.

Any ideas?

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I don't use Handcent, no. I just checked stock messaging. I must have remembered something else (probably my twitter app). You can try calibrating the keyboard, though; that may help.

5. marissa088

Thanks cool, thanks for checking.

Calibrating the keyboard did help, but the enter key is still bugging me because I will accidentally hit it. I might pop into Best Buy tomorrow (where I bought the phone) and see if they can help me. Or even look through the manual that came with the phone :)