Problems transferring music

Last Updated:

1. Erin06

Erin06 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am having difficulty transferring music that I bought via the amazon mp3 store from my droid to my computer (a mac) and itunes. I know how to connect/mount my droid to the computer, and have successfully transferred amazon mp3's that I purchased in the past. Just recently, I began experiencing problems. When I try to drag and drop, I get error messages saying that the file cannot be transferred because it is "in use." Or when I attempt to drag and drop to itunes, basically itunes freezes and I have to force quit. Anyone know of a solution? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Have you tried to "copy" the songs?

3. Erin06

Erin06 New Member This Topic's Starter

Tried that, still wouldn't work. I gave up and transferred the music to my boyfriend's computer, then he sent them to me. I think it must be something with my computer.

4. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Windows will tell you a file is in use, when another program is trying to use the file. For example, if you're playing the file in Windows Media Player you will be unable to change the filename until you close WMP. The same goes for trying to transfer files, but as Dubbin1 said you can still copy a file when it is "in use". If you've closed all program you think may be using the file, there may be an issue with programs not properly closing, etc.