1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

problems Unlocking Tesco GT540Support

1. Bruceglan

Bruceglan New Member

Hi gang
    Can anyone recommend a good online unlocking service in the UK? My GT540 is locked into Tesco who are running it on O2-UK. I have tried 2 suppliers neither of which performed. With the first there was a mix up on the service provider and the code didn't work. Didn't sort it just raised a refund. With the second I heard nothing for 24 hours, progressed it, was told someone would be contacting me with the code. After 48 hours I still nothing, queried and was told I would get a refund which arrived the next day. No explanation from either of why or if there was a problem. So I've not lost any money but I'm not unlocked either, very frustrating. Does anyone know if there are problems with unlocking Tesco locked new LG GT540 phones?
    Regards
    Bruce

Advertisement
    :
  2. dudeman1996

dudeman1996 Well-Known Member

I think the easiest way to do it would be to flash the phone with the CarphoneWarhouse 2.1 version because it'd be unlocked for any network. So download this .zip file, and follow the instructions in the readme file :D
    Bruceglan likes this.
  3. Bruceglan

Bruceglan New Member

Hi Dudeman
    Sorry I did not acknowledge and thank you for your reply earlier. I think your advice is spot on as a local mobile shop suggested the same thing. I've downloaded the zip file from your link okay but on reading the instructions it states that Z4root apk is included which I need to root my phone to do backup. The file isn't there but I found and down loaded it from the internet. My Kaspersky Anti virus told me that it contained a Trojan. So I deleted it and downloaded from a different site. Kaspersky repeated the warning on this file as well and when I checked the Kaspersky report it had deleted the Trojan called "Exploit.Linux.Lotoor.g" and was happy with the rest of the file. Had you come across this and do you think this is likely to affect the program?
    Regards
    Bruce
  4. dudeman1996

dudeman1996 Well-Known Member

Kaspersky would probably pick it up as a Linux Exploit because Android is based on Linux, and rooting an Android phone is and exploit of the Linux system. But it's not harmful in any way. Here's a link to the z4root app. Just install it to your phone, backup, and continue the rest of the instructions :)
    Bruceglan likes this.
  5. Ragingwaffle

Ragingwaffle New Member

Hi There,

I have got all the above and all went well untill tryings to launch and connect to my mobile debugging says connected but says PHONE NOT FOUND i have followed the steps in instructions !!! any ideas ??