Problems updating Damage Control

Last Updated:

1. mattpsx2

mattpsx2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I did the simple root last night and installed the latest version of damage control that rom manager had access to. So after I loaded it onto my phone I tried to run DCupdater. The update downloaded fine, but I found that after it tried installing I would run into a screen that showed a yellow triangle with an exclamation point sign in it with an android next to it. What can I do so that I can update DC?

Advertisement
  2. chrismmm

chrismmm Well-Known Member

im not 100 % sure but you may have to run cache wipe and data wipe prior. i am sure other more senior guys/poster will chime in..

3. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Which recovery are you using? I don't think DC plays nice with Clockwork Recovery. Either flash RA Recovery or install the update manually (The update should have downloaded to the root of your SD card.)

4. mattpsx2

mattpsx2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I was using clockwork. I'm really new at this so it's a bit foreign to me, I'm still trying to learn things. I'm going to try install it manually later on today.

*Update
    Just got 3.2.3 updated on my phone by doing it manually and not using DCupdater. Does anybody know why the updater just doesn't want to work with my phone? Is it because of clockwork? Also I got the same error message trying to install Vanilla lockscreen from DCupdater after I had 3.2.3 so I think the problem for me lies in the update program.

But now 4G is stuck on scanning :/ I know there's a workaround, but I'm at work so I have to look at it later.