problems updating to 2.2 - recovery mode not working

Last Updated:

1. chillax

chillax New Member This Topic's Starter

So I have stock android 2.1 installed on my phone. I haven't gotten the OTA update. I tried to manually update, but recovery mode doesn't seem like its working - I see the triangle/question mark...but there is also a phone laying down right next to it. No combination of keys will get me to a menu to apply the update.zip.

I tried flashing back to 2.01, and 2.0 and updating from there - but the recovery mode stayed the same. Does anyone know where to find the full Froyo stock .SBF files?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

if you can't get into recovery, how did you flash back to 2.0.1?

and since VZW put a halt on the OTA, you're better off A Rooting or B waiting until they release the new on next week or whenever it drops.

3. chillax

chillax New Member This Topic's Starter

So let me clarify - holding X while booting up doesn't bring me to the correct screen sequence.

Holding the UP on the cursor - lets me use RDSLite to flash the new operating system, but that means I need the full 2.2 .sbf file...not just the update.zip

4. kevpan815

kevpan815 Well-Known Member

After you get the Trangle, You need to hold down the Volume Up Button and press the Camera Button.

5. cdffiremantuu

cdffiremantuu New Member

when I go into recovery mode I push the up volume and then push the camera button but nothing is happening no menu. what am I doing wrong?