Problems updating to Froyo 2.2 on HTC Desire

Last Updated:

1. jdn1983

jdn1983 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I got the update request on my phone for Froyo 2.2. I downloaded it using the WIFI. However when it came time to install it said I did not have enough memory and took me to a screen to delete some apps which I did.

After doing this I no longer get the request to upgrade and when I check to see if there any updates available (under "About Phone") it says "there are no updates available". I checked to see what the latest firmware was and it says 2.1 so I know it hasn't updated.

I have no idea how to download it again and I have called Vodafone (my service provider), HTC and Carphone Warehouse (the place I got it from) to no avail.

Is there any suggestions out there please.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

This should really be in the official problems thread but here goes anyway. I would say you could try rebooting to see if it kicks it into life, either that or HTC may have temporarily disabled the rollout due to some of the bugs.

3. Simbo

Simbo Member

I got the update request on my phone for Froyo 2.2. I downloaded it using the WIFI. However when it came time to install it said I did not have enough memory and took me to a screen to delete some apps which I did.

This happened to me a couple of times as I didn't delete enough apps but I got a message saying the download was saved in notifications to install later, and it worked.

4. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member

GPS location on Google earth and Google maps now appears to be out by several hundred metres. Never has this problem until this week

5. SB13X

SB13X Well-Known Member

6. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member

7. -A-P-M-

-A-P-M- Member

A few days ago I have seen that Froyo is available, but I was in other country and didn't downloaded it. Yesterday I returned and tried to upgrade it, but I recieve message that my phone is up to date and there isn't any update available. I have unlocked / unbranded EU Desire... :confused: