Problems using Google Sync/Calendar on desktop and HTC Sync on Droid!

Last Updated:

1. CatB

CatB Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently using Google Calendar on my desktop to sync with Outlook, strictly as a "backup" for my Outlook calendar, in case something were to happen and I needed a backup of my Outlook Calendar.

I tried using Google Sync/Calendar on my Droid Incredible but had some problems and decided to go back to using HTC sync. Since that time, I have hard reset my phone but am now having problems with some appts showing up in duplicate on my Outlook calendar, My Google calendar and on my phone.

Even though I am only using HTC Sync on my phone and only using Google Calendar/Sync on my desktop, could this be the reason for these duplicates in all 3 places? Do I need to stop using Google calendar/Google sync with my Outlook to prevent this from happening further?

I would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Also, the only reason I stopped using Google Calendar for my Droid was that it seems you cannot keep more than a month or so worth of past appt's in your calendar and I need to go back at least a year for work. Does anyone else find this limitation or anything else about Google Calendar annoying and limiting???????

Thanks!
    Cat

Advertisement
  2. JaneN

JaneN Active Member

I have some problems of a different kind

I am only trying to sync my desire with my outlook, and using HTC Sync I am getting random (but thankfully not all) annual, monthly and weekly appointments as daily. Also there are appointments missing.

So basically it's useless.

Anyone suggest anything I can do? Should I try another sync engine?

3. sean3lions

sean3lions Member

Mine only syncs my personal calendars. When i use the "browse Interesting Calendar" option on my browser to add my local football team's fixtures, it doesn't show on my phone. Calendars i've created sync fine.

Any ideas?

4. CatB

CatB Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have to be honest...I have since abandoned Google Sync, gone back to HTC Sync, and overall, it is working quite well. Both my Outlook appts and my Outlook contacts are syncing whether I change them on my desktop or my Droid.

Overall, this is a good solution for me right now, until Google Sync becomes stronger.

5. Robbabuh

Robbabuh New Member

A couple of weeks ago my phone started having problems. When I input a new event on my droid incredible it does not appear on pc google calendar. if in input a new event from my pc it appears on my droid. Also, when I input a new event from my droid it appears green when everything that is inputted from my pc is blue. It is like it is connected to another calendar. I have 2 other gmail accounts on my phone. One of them has a calendar that is sync'd the other is not. The one that is syncs works as well. if input a new event from my pc on the secondary account it appears on my phone.

I have talked with verizon and they helped me as much as they could and said it was a google problem and to look online. Thus my post here looking for help.

Thanks