Problems using the phone whilst charging

Last Updated:

1. John100

John100 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I have had the Desire for a few months now and normally charge it overnight and don't use it at the same time. I have just been away and used it for watching movies whilst it was charging and have noticed a lot of issues as the phone is almost unusable whilst its charging. I can hardly change screens or move between home pages and apps. It sticks on some options or judders and goes to things I haven't selected. It is OK again once off charge most of the time, but occasionally needs to be restarted.

I had just upgraded to the OTA Desire firmware upgrade from T-Mobile and was also using a new Micro SD card. Since I have returned I have changed the SD card to the one I was previously using and the same thing happens. I don't know if this was an issue before the firmware upgrade.

I normally charge directly from the mains using a HTC cable.

Is this normal or a fault with my phone? Is there anything I can do to improve it?

cheers
    John

Advertisement
  2. c0d3w4lk3r

c0d3w4lk3r Active Member

When at work my Desire is hooked up to my laptop (and charging) most of the time. I use it a lot while charging and have never noticed any of the problems you mentioned.

What happens to the screen when you move the USB cable around while connected? Does the screen blink? Have you tried another cable? Maybe it's the internal USB port that has a problem.

You could check with another cable...

Rgds
    C.

John100 likes this.
  3. John100

John100 New Member This Topic's Starter

thanks C. for pointing me in the right direction

I tried a different cable which had the same problem. I realised that I was using a generic USB plug and when I swapped back to the HTC supplied one the issue went away.

Anybody know why a Lupo USB plug would cause this problem and what to look for in a replacement?

cheers
    John