• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems viewing videos

PabloEscobar

May 23, 2010
I'm having problems viewing videos on certain websites. the websites are saying I dont have flash installed, or not the latest version? I am trying to watch content on UK 4oD and also having the same problems on Australian ABC.

Its not a problem with the geographical restricted content as im using a VPN to access it. Even when im not using a VPN, and im in the UK, watching 4oD says I dont have upto date flash?!

Whats that about, i thought android came with Flash? I have tried on both Chrome and stock JellyBean browser.

Im on 4.1.1 DLJ4 stock UK rom on a Galaxy S3 i9300

Jelly Bean no longer has built in Flash, which is why it is saying you do not have Flash/your Flash isn't up to date. You simply don't have it. Adobe dropped Android Flash support with the Jelly Bean update. You'll just have to find a browser that implements flash (I've heard of a paid one, but I forget what it is called) and/or wait for the websites to switch over [completely] to HTML5. Until then, you can't watch Flash by normal means.

Reactions: PabloEscobar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones