1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems w/ Marketplace or Browser on Droid?

Last Updated:

1. narps80

narps80 New Member This Topic's Starter

I got the Droid Friday and have had nothing but problems w/ the Marketplace and Browser. It took muliple trys to get Pandora on my phone and I still haven't been able to listen to a single note. I've been trying for the last hour to load Scoreboard, but nothing downloads. I have 4 bars and wifi connection (2 bars) - Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Advertisement
  2. Scott

Scott Active Member

As an app developer, I can attest that the traffic to the market has been very high with the new rush of phones. I've read of people getting 50% and in some cases 100% increases in downloads since yesterday.

My guess is that is the problem. The market is sometimes slow, apps don't download--I have personally waited hours (a long time ago) for an app to download.

I have a droid, and have had none of these issues (this time).

Cheers!

3. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Others are having trouble w Pandora on the Droid

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/14448-pandora-2-0-a.html

As far as the app store, make sure you are using WiFi (you said you were). I was in a Verizon store Saturday morning at 11am CST and had no problem downloading apps. Probably just the rush of new Droid / Eris owners.

4. shrosin

shrosin New Member

i got the eris and too am having problems downloading apps. the downloading stream is constant and has been going for about 2 hours now, yet no apps have downloaded. first tried on 3G then on wifi.

advice?

5. LEP

LEP Member

It could be a bit slow because here in Europe the motorola milestone (aka droid) just came out. Ive being going crazy downloading apps from the App market place too. I can imagine everybody is now here doing the same thing. Anyway it has been nice and fast for me.