Problems when restarting HTC Hero

Last Updated:

1. hondito

hondito Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    I have a problem when i power down my HTC Hero and power back up. When it comes back on the weather widget takes a little while to load and other apps/widgets take a while to boot up which I guess is normal, but some apps get really messed up. I start getting popup messages when i reboot that say "such-and-such app has to force close" and I have to hit OK. Other apps (Facebook, foursquare, locale...) have strange icons on the home screen. when i click on them they either force close, or act really strange and have new titles (like #ff181818 instead of Foursquare). This also happens in the programs menu. Some apps will now be called End User License Agreement or something else .

I have fixed it before by reinstalling some of the apps, but i don't want to keep doing that.
    Any ideas on how to fix this? is it just a problem with the apps? It seems to be happening with the same apps each time.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

sounds like the problem before the update to fix that stuff. Are you runing the latest update? Are you stock?

3. dereileak

dereileak Well-Known Member

I noticed if I install to many apps at once then reboot the phone goes nuts, and everything forcecloses, including the app to run the cellular antenna, so I just remove a few apps that I really never use, restart and its fine, you can install apps, just don't do to many at once, its fine when you have no apps on the phone, but when you get around 50+ you have to do less installs at a time, so it wont have issues on boot

4. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

WHAT!? Man ya'lls junk is messed up man! I can install as many flippin apps as I want and my phone don't gimme no mofo lip!

5. dereileak

if you hit a large amount of apps like 50+, maybe even more, and then install like 5-10 apps, and restart your phone, you will have issues most likely, its a software issue, not just on my phone, but every hero out there

6. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

I have over 100 apps, I literally install them by the tens. I take a Sh*tbreak and cruise through market installing every app that looks interesting, then usually reboot. Never an issue.

7. hondito

I don't think that's it. I haven't installed apps in a while and I usually only install a few at a time. What is the update that BSki is referring to?

8. hondito

I found the firmware update to 1.56 and that seemed to fix it. Thanks!

9. dereileak

it has to do with hitting to low of memory, then the main android functions can not start, so you could have 1000 apps, all of them 50kbs, and not take up very much room, thus not crashing, I install apps by the 20's sometimes, I try them uninstall if I don't like, I try anything that looks half way decent