Problems when trying to syn my GmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. pattonthegen

pattonthegen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I have the Samsung Moment, and recently when i go to syn my Gmail contacts i get a message that says something like "syn is currently busy please try again later". Then when i slide down and select that message from my notifications bar it says "To many contacts deletes". What does that mean and why am i getting that message now adays? Never had a problem in the past using syn with my gmail contacts.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. pattonthegen

So no one knows what this error means?

anyone?

3. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I get that after reflashing my phone and Gmail restores my contacts, then I use MyBackup Pro to restore them as well. You can just choose to skip them.

4. pattonthegen

well I flashed my phone to 2.1 several months ago, and did not have the problem (at least i never noticed it before) until this last month or so.

I also use backuppro (which I love), but i don't even understand what the error message even means when it says "To many contacts deletes".

5. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I think it deletes the contacts before restoring them.

6. pattonthegen

So does anyone know WHY it is I am getting this message "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly", then when i click on the slide down notification bar to see the acctual message it says "To many contacts deletes" when I try to syn my gmail?

This is starting to drive me nuts......!!

7. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Try exporting your contacts out of gmail to back them up, then delete them all from your account. Try the sync with no contacts (or add a couple 'fake' contacts and see if you still get the error. I suspect maybe an invalid contact setting or something along those lines. If not you may want to try reflashing the phone back to stock and see if maybe its a phone conflict as opposed to the gmail server.

8. pattonthegen

Well what i did was just log into my gmail on my computer, then delete all my contacts. then back to my phone and tell it to sync all my contacts. Went back to gmail and all my contacts were there again so guess it worked for the time being, but still would like to know why it even got the error in the 1st place /shrug

9. embeix

embeix New Member

Old thread, but same problem. And I found the solution: A hidden request of the sync engine is waiting for your response!

Open the slide down notification bar to see the "To many contacts deletes" message. Long click on it and you will be asked: "Delete limit exceeded" There are XXX deleted items for Contacts, account XXX@googlemail.com. What would you like to do?

I like my Android HTC Legend, but this kind of hidden workflows should be prohibited. ;-)

10. pattonthegen

Oh great thanks for figuring this problem out!