Problems while rooting - can't connect to unrEVOked?

Last Updated:

1. cfmistry

cfmistry Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm trying to root my phone right now following Jonamerica's awesome write up. Only problem I'm having is that unrEVOked keeps saying "Waiting for device. Plug phone in now and enable USB debugging." But obviously my phone IS plugged in and I have USB debugging on. Anyone know what my problem is?
    Thanks,
    -Cyrus

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Inside the install package there is an internet link. Click on that and follow the instructions to download and install the bootloader driver if you haven't already. Aside from that, if you have HTC Sync on your computer, get rid of it as it screws with Unrevoked.

3. cfmistry

cfmistry Active Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded and installed the driver (verified) and to my knowledge I have never installed Sync to my computer.
    -Cyrus

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Hmmm...few things to try perhaps:

-reboot PC and retry using a different USB slot
    -while it's saying waiting for device, quickly pull out cable from phone and plug it right back in
    -thinking of some other possibilites

Sounds kinda like a driver recognition problem but tough to know without being there.

lobosred likes this.
  5. mdonova33

mdonova33 Well-Known Member

I had this problem...what i did was i installed the htc sync, hooked the device up, got the drivers on the phone, then uninstalled htc sync, hooked of the phone again, then ran it.

6. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member

go to settings > connect to PC > and make sure it ISN'T selected to HTC Sync (which I believe is default) otherwise it will look for Sync forever.

7. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

I had to use the PDAnet drivers for my laptop and it work fine. Those were the only drivers that would let me connect through ADB and Unrevoked. Just remove your current drivers, install the PDAnet software and it will install the new drivers.

lobosred likes this.
  8. rockstar323

rockstar323 Well-Known Member

I followed the instruction on the website and mine was doing the waiting for device thing too. I got a add new device wizard popup when I plugged the phone into my computer with unrevoked and just went through the wizard and pointed it to the driver folder from the unrevoked tutorial and it worked.