1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

problems with advanced task manager

Last Updated:

1. lopez0614

lopez0614 Member This Topic's Starter

So i just got the app and it is worth the money but im having issues with the fact that wen it automatically ends the tasks it ends my voice and data services as well so wen it does this i dont get calls or texts or anything. Does anyone have some kind of list of what apps and processes should be on the excluded no matter wat? I could really use this. Help please!

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi Lopez0614 & Welcome to AF :D

This has never happened to me before & I've been using Advanced task manager for ages on My HTC Magic.

I would recommend contactng the dev as from Experience he is very helpful and listens. You can email him at arronla@gmail.com

Good luck

Carl

3. leeladisky

leeladisky Active Member

Same prob here...

4. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Did either of you send him (developer) a message? Did he reply?

I just sent a pretty nice message letting him know how popular it is, but how his assistance is needed. If he replies I will post any and all instrucitons in this topic.

5. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

be sure you do not kill this app: com.coremobility.app

When I quit killing that, things worked better

6. camdz

camdz Well-Known Member

I used the free version of this for a few days and my phone did all kinds of wierd things. The battery life was terrible for one, and I have always been one to brag about not having those issues. Sometimes I would have the phone on the charger for hours and it MIGHT increase the battery 1-5%. Other times it would charge as normal. Luckily it was obvious which app was causing this for me. Why? I have no idea. I unistalled it, and it was isntantly better. I re-installed it, and the problems came right back.

The first night I installed this app, I put my phone on the charger at 11pm (like normal). I woke up at 7am, see that the led is green so I unplug it from the wall, and the battery is at 54%. After waking the phone up, I realized it was erroring out on the "end call" screen. Not only was it impossible for me to make a call, but I hadnt made a call to this person since owning the phone. His picture was on the screen like I had just hung up. I couldnt close it, and had to pull the battery.

Sorry for the long post. I dont have a clue why/how this app would cause me those problems, but it was pretty straight forward. Im back to just using Task Manager, and the phone is running perfect again.

7. irmac

irmac Well-Known Member

Hey guys, when I go into preferences the auto end options are all dimmed so I can't click the, the enable auto end is marked however, what do i do to fix this?

8. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

Read this sticky about task managers from the Sprint Hero forum.

9. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

+1 for the great write up on task managers ;)

10. Mesher

Mesher New Member

Just wanted to quickly add to this that I had task manager on my droid. Yesterday at 7:45 p.m. (yes, I'm being geeky about this) I had my droid in my multimedia station and playing Pandora. All of a sudden everything went quiet. So I looked at my phone and took it off the station. ALL of my shortcuts and widgets were gone. All that was left was my wallpaper. Figured I would check here but didn't see anything with something similar posted. Thought everyone should know about this glitch. I took task manager off.