Problems with Angry birds and reformattingSupport

Last Updated:

1. gripweed

gripweed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I had downloaded the angry bird demos. Whenever I played it, every couple of levels my phone would reboot during the game.

So then the full version came out and I downloaded that and started playing and my phone would reboot mid game every few levels.

I'm playing it yesterday and it reboots, then mid reboot, it reboots again and just keeps getting stuck in this rebooting cycle.

Well my whole phone got screwed up. It wouldn't even boot up to where I could uninstall the game, so I had to reformat it.

So it does the reformatting bit and starts to boot up again and gets stuck in the same boot up cycle.

I pull the battery and reformat again and it works. I get home and don't install anything and it goes through the night fine. Today I do some tests to confirm it was angry birds. Installed it, played, rebooted, got stuck in rebooting cycle.

So a couple of questions...

1) Any other incredible owners have this problem?

2) Did it F something up to where I could see problems now? It's not fun reformatting and seeing it still have problems.

Everything seems to be ok now. I'm reformatted, installed a couple of basic apps I use a lot and so far so good.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

the phone is getting to hot i bet.

3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Angry birds tends to make my phone run hot, but not too hot that it reboots. I think it is most likely the hot issue. Do you have a widget to tell you battery temp?

4. gripweed

No I don't.

I guess I spoke too soon. I had reformatted and have been reinstalling stuff tonight and now it's going back into rebooting constantly.

I've had about all I can take with the incredible. It's been nonstop problems.

5. gripweed

Hm...

I've been using my extended battery. Took it out and put in my standard battery and everything is going good.
    I'll see how it goes, put the extended back in tomorrow night and see if I get any results.

I measured the voltage on the extended battery and everything looks ok. I was thinking maybe it would keep shorting out or something to cause a reboot but I didn't notice anything.