• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with Beautiful Widget

Whoever said not to flame this guy is outta their mind. This guy deserves it, continue the flaming. What a dbag.

well gonzo,i really don't think i'm outta my mind. just because he downloaded a torrent doesn't mean he knew it was illegal or even a pay app. torrents aren't illegal. my first thought is give a new poster the benefit of the doubt.

Upvote 0
there is no problem with using the old one if you purchased it. the developer actually warned the users that if they didn't want the new look not to download the new one. you are free to use the old one,he was just asked not to distribute(sell)the old HTC looking app.

Exactly and that is why I am running it now. and yeah I flamed that guy. I would give him the benefit of the doubt but Beautiful Widgets is all over the market and if he had never looked at the market at all I would believe he was innocent. However, I just find that hard to believe. I'll bet $1.50 that he knew that it was a paid app. Why would you go download a torrent of an app on the market...

Upvote 0
I bought before the C&D, and have been using the flip clock version until yesterday, when I decided to try the newer look. Glad I did - I use the "Beautiful Home Smaller" version, and have the 2.1 News widget just below it on my home screen. Great combo, time, weather, & news, and the look of the new Beautiful Home and the News widget is well matched.

Upvote 0
I would certainly pay for this app if I was allowed to... In Canada, Rogers blocks all access to any paid app on the market. All we can do is read about how great they are and then look for a torrent. I know some developers have accepted PayPal but not all of them do that or even respond to questions about it.

Upvote 0
No, no... I say flame on! This forum doesn't support nor condones the download of pirated applications. Ever wonder why it's taking so long for Google to create an Apps2SD feature? It is precisely because of people like the OP, who won't pay $1.50 for an app. They're willing to steal the app instead. So, not only does that hurt the developer and dissuade developers from making quality apps, but it's also affecting us the consumer. I say this guy can go and rot with his pirated app.

I think this is uncalled for. Do you know his situation? I downloaded Beautiful widgets from the internet as well because I wanted the flip down clock w/weather animations. Had the newer version had it, there would be no need to go hunt down the older version. I don't think it's an issue of trying to pirate apps but more so looking for exactly what you want. I already paid for weather widgets donate and had to eat that purchase as it doesn't meet my criteria and I no longer use it. I'll gladly pay for an app if it's what I'm looking for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones