problems with bluetooth keyboardsTips

1. joejoedroid104

joejoedroid104 Active Member

i was wondering if anyone had any advice as to fix this, my problem has happened with 3 bluetooth keyboards now, when im typing in things like evernote or space like this on a web browser it works fine, but when i try to type in the search bar some of the buttons get stuck and will be entered like 20 times, very annoying. example, i try to search for "rocks" my keyboard will write "rrrrrrrrrocccccccckssss" it doesnt happen all the time but i cant type anything in the search bars???
    galaxytab 10.1 running JB and i am not rooted

Advertisement
    :
  2. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Well-Known Member

You're running JB on a Galaxy Tab 10.1, but you aren't rooted?
    -SF
  3. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

It may be possible as some ROMs don't require root to flash. Having said that, asking for help here for a custom ROM is a waste of time. The OP needs to go to the developer website or XDA forums to ask for help as their issue is likely unrelated to stock firmware issues.
  4. joejoedroid104

ok so maybe i misunderstood, i recieved the recent update on my tablet but its not jb, it ssays 4.0.4
  5. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

I have a Logitech BT keyboard and before I upgraded my router firmware I recall having a repeat key problem. But not sure this really was the problem, it might have been a buffer memory problem with some programs, as it does not happen with all programs. Also in some programs the period just will not work in others it works well.:rolleyes:
    Update: My BT keyboard quit connecting to my tablet, I exchanged it at BestBuy the period still does not work in Chrome writing to this forum but everything is working correct with no keys running wild. so I think it's a buffer memory item you are having.
  6. joejoedroid104

ok, so suggested solutions? if any? i wouldnt necassarily mind rooting but i dont have a pc right now and im a total newb, rooted my old nexus s 4g with no problems but had a step by step to use... thanks in advance to anyone that answers! this is so annoying! trying to use that keyboard right now! lol
  7. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

I think your router needs it's software updated.
  8. joejoedroid104

how do i do that?
  9. joejoedroid104

still wondering how to do this
  10. ComputerGranny

ComputerGranny Well-Known Member

Usually the web site for your router will have info on the current firmware for your router and instructions on how to do it.