Problems with broken email account

Last Updated:

1. siliconglen

siliconglen Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC Desire on T-mobile and tried to apply the Froyo update earlier in the week. There wasn't enough spare space so I decided to delete one of my mail accounts (have a copy of the mail on the PC anyway). However the delete took ages and after 10 minutes I figured it had hung so switched the phone on and off. Sure enough the mail had actually been deleted (and subsequently I managed to install Froyo) however the mail account is still there but can no longer be accessed - when I go to select the mail account, the mail app diverts me to the mail account I didn't delete. I now want to reinstate the deleted account and want to delete the broken one. How do I do this? HTC have said to do a hard reset which seems a bit severe - is there any way to remove the HTC mail app and reinstall just the app - I couldn't see the mail app for download anywhere to do this.
    thanks
    Craig

Advertisement
  2. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Isn't the HTC mail app part of the ROM??

Don't think you can delete that.

3. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

You can't uninstall the HTC mail app but if you go into manage applications for it you should see an option to clear data. Try that. You may lose data for any other mail accounts you have set up but it's not as severe as doing a factory reset.