Problems with Bugless Beast

Last Updated:

1. Numark

Numark Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've recently rooted my Droid and have installed the Bugless Beast ROM and have been loving it! However, after reading a thread about increasing video recording quality, I followed the instructions which involved tweaking the build.prop file in the phone's root folder. After doing so, I noticed some problems with my Droid, namely that it won't wake up from standby mode, or whenever I turn it on, it has to reboot once before I can use it. It also seemed to become a little more unstable in general as well. I tried installing the latest version of the Bugless Beast ROM (version 0.7.5 I believe), but that did not seem to solve any issues. I hope there's a fix for this, otherwise I'll just reset the phone back to factory settings and I'll just re-root it, but only as a last resort.

Advertisement
  2. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Well-Known Member

I believe that Pete states in his thread that these tweaks have already been done in his ROMs. If you did a nandroid backup before you installed BB then I would just restore to that an re-install BB

3. Numark

That's probably a good idea, now I just have to figure out how to do a nandroid backup.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Well if you didn't make a backup before doing this then that won't help making one now. You should just boot into sprecovery and wipe everything then re install the ROM. Also to do a nandroid backup you just go into sprecovery and select backup/restore then choose simple nandroid backup.

5. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

There is a free app on the market called "qucik boot" that makes it easy to get into recovery mood (also has a reboot / bootloader option).

6. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

If you do a reset you will not lose your root - it will just wipe data and cache, etc., and bring the phone back up as if you just got it, but w/all the rooting stuff in place.

Thanks for the reference to quickboot, shrink...didn't know about that.

7. Numark

I'm pretty certain that I did do a nandroid backup before I installed BB, so I'll try to restore from that and see how it goes :)