Problems with cases not fitting the Droid?

Last Updated:

1. Fullstop

Fullstop New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 24, 2010
    Pretty much like the title says. I was in the Verizon store and got a nice ugly orange hard case for it, and we had trouble clipping the piece on the front. We tried it on the demo and it wouldn't work. No big deal..just a bad mold, it happens.

I decide to plop it down and get an Otterbox. Same deal. Tried that one on the demo, and it fit. We go back and open a couple more and try them, same deal.

The orange one was defective, but the others were not and fit the demo as well as his own personal phone.

Our only assumption can be that there is something wrong with the molding on my Droid, not allowing anything to clip on.

Does anyone else have any experience with this?

2. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    I purchased a bodyglove a month ago for the beltchip, the tabs have snapped, so I am back to the original case that I purchased with the phone (no beltclip). I am trying to get a replacement from bodyglove, but I can't find my receipt, so I am probably out 32 bucks
  3. wad7719

wad7719 Active Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I am currently stuck with the same issue. I have gone through 4 moto droids for other issues and the otterbox front plate fit on 2 of the 4. I have tried other cases and they will not fit either. After comparing the phones I can see that they are molded different. I am currently trying to sand the ottetbox face plate to get it to fit...we'll see.