Problems with changed CPU settings not sticking

1. exile1975

exile1975 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, credit for this idea goes to GT, but he does NOT condone doing it.
    If your using a program to change CPU speeds and they revert back to something you don't want after a little time, try editing the system/etc/thermald.conf file to match what you want. Be careful! I only use this to UNDERCLOCK. I wouldn't recommend using it to set the full overclocked speed as default.
    You can also edit the system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh file to get them to auto set CPU governor and frequencies on boot to what ever your kernel will allow.
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement
  2. AGLtech

AGLtech Well-Known Member

Mine won't stick. My screen off setting changed when the screen goes off but wouldn't revert correctly when the screen came back on. To me the phone was good enough so I went back to original insecure kernel and I'm happy with that. I didnt wanna stress to much over a little more speed that I really dont need. And by the way I tried several CPU apps but mostly use ROM toolbox pro
  3. exile1975

exile1975 Well-Known Member

See i must have gotten a bad phone. Its had problems overheating since i got it. I've been trying to underclock since root came out but never been able to get my settings to stick. I love the interactive governor so i use the overclocked kernel with interactive set, but my Max CPU is set at 1.26 MHz i think. Now everything finally seems to stay how i want it.
  4. jasonzech

jasonzech Well-Known Member

If I had noticed my phone was getting hot. I would of returned it. Usually it is caused by a bad batch.