Problems with Cisco & Incredible

Last Updated:

1. cfp33pfc

cfp33pfc New Member This Topic's Starter

We use Cisco equipment for our WiFi at work. I have a Droid Incredible, and could not get onto the network - it would never give me an IP Address via DHCP. I worked with our corporate network guys, who did some troubleshooting. It showed the the phone would not "boot dhcp". They tried to give me a static IP and it still would not work. So, they contacted HTC. HTC finally replied that the Incredible does not work with Cisco equipment! Here is their response:

[FONT=&quot]
    Ticket Number : 10USCW19ENA001646

If you do not respond to or close your question within 15 days, it will be closed automatically.

Sincerely,

HTC

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at www.htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]New Response[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Incredible is not compatible with a Cisco router. I apologize for the inconvenience. This would explain why you keep getting these error messages. I want to thank you for contacting HTC. In order to help improve our service I

Advertisement
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

DHCP is a pretty common standard and it is not vendor specific.

Does your IT guy have MAC address filtering turned on the router, and what wireless security protocol are you using (WEP, WPA/WPA2, etc.)?

Basically, give me as much detail about the wireless setup as possible (no passwords, no SSIDs).

-Mike

3. Yeltnerb

Yeltnerb Active Member

My wife had a ton of issues with her droid and our cisco wireless setup. It turned out to be related to the wireless N setup channel negotiation on the router. it would just never get an IP. Once we changed that setting on the Cisco AP the issue went away.

4. numo16

numo16 New Member

It most likely uses the cisco implementation of PEAP, in which case you won't be able to connect. My university uses it as well, it sucks :(

5. cfp33pfc

cfp33pfc New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. My network guy came back and told me that they had a setting wrong on the Cisco Controller. "Config DHCP proxy disable" was enabled, causing a conflict that caused my problem. I set it back up and it works fine.
    :)

6. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Cool, that's a way better answer than the "support" you got from HTC:

"Our phones don't work with Cisco routers"

Gotta love tech support.

-Mike

7. Flyphoenix

Flyphoenix Well-Known Member

They always want to do some damn survey