• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problems with connectivity after firmware upgrade

Last night I connected my phone to kies and upgraded to the latest firmware. After the update, the screen resolution was awful, couldn't fix it so I did a complete factory reset and all is now back to normal, exceptthat I can no longer access my mobile datat. I have spoken to my ISP and reconfigured the settings. 3g icon appars in the notification bar, so I'm connected, but I can't load any web pages. Any ideas?

Last night I connected my phone to kies and upgraded to the latest firmware. After the update, the screen resolution was awful, couldn't fix it so I did a complete factory reset and all is now back to normal, exceptthat I can no longer access my mobile datat. I have spoken to my ISP and reconfigured the settings. 3g icon appars in the notification bar, so I'm connected, but I can't load any web pages. Any ideas?
Welcome to the forum!

Do you have the Telus Galaxy S II X?

There is no firmware available from Telus other than the stock one that was shipped with the phone on October 28th last year. The next upgrade firmware will be ICS, scheduled for early June.

What firmware update did you perform?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones