Problems with Contacts after updating Galaxy Tab 2 7.0Support

Last Updated: 2012-10-29 09:09:15

1. shepthebarber

shepthebarber New Member

Hello,
    I recently updated my daughters Galaxy Tab 2 and ever since doing so, when she has her Gmail open and want to compose an email. She will hit the contacts button next to the "To:" section of the email and the Tablet will think for a few seconds and then display a message that simply says, "Unfortunately Contacts has stopped"
    This never happened before I did the update. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks You very much. -Brad

Advertisement
  2. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Try if clearing the data works.
    Go to Settings, Applications, then click All. Scroll down to Contacts and click it. Then click Force stop, and Clear data. Then try again.

Hope it helps.
    Good luck.
    shepthebarber likes this.
  3. shepthebarber

shepthebarber New Member

vosg, Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately the device keeps saying "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" Is there any other advice out there? :confused:
  4. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Whenever I do any system updates I immediately do a factory reset. Have you tried that?
  5. shepthebarber

shepthebarber New Member

I have not, How exactly do I do it? It says that it will erase all of my data and I will not be able to use the data on my SD card after the reset. So do I have to reenter all of my data?
  6. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Your contacts will all be there, they are synced through your gmail account. Your apps will have to be re-installed and your homescreens will have to be set up again. Your external micro sd card will not be formatted.