Problems with default email app...

Last Updated:

1. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my default email app set up to receive both my Gmail messages and my school's messages. I can both send and receive emails, but I'm having some issues getting notified and receiving messages consistently. I have my update settings set to every 30 minutes, but often I will check the client only to see that it hasn't been updated for hours. Also, sometimes when I get messages there won't be an email notification or an unread count on the widget. Half of the time all of this works great, but its inconsistency is starting to annoy me. Has anyone else had these issues?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I haven't had problems with the email app. But since you are, why don't you use the gmail app for your gmail email instead.

3. Jedis

Jedis Active Member

The Gmail app isn't any better. I've gotten 2 notifications in the last 2 days that I had email, and both times the notifications came hours after the email was received.

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

wow. my phone lets me know I have gMail before my computer does.

to the OP: you can always try K-9 Mail; it's free. I've been very happy with the latest version of it.

jd

5. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I know its a pain but have you tried resetting back to factory?

6. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Eh, I just switched to the Gmail app. I enabled forwarding in my school mail, so I just have to delete that account from my Outlook. The Gmail app has proven to be extremely fast, and I get emails literally just a few minutes after they arrive. I am impressed.