• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with default email app...

TheBiles

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have my default email app set up to receive both my Gmail messages and my school's messages. I can both send and receive emails, but I'm having some issues getting notified and receiving messages consistently. I have my update settings set to every 30 minutes, but often I will check the client only to see that it hasn't been updated for hours. Also, sometimes when I get messages there won't be an email notification or an unread count on the widget. Half of the time all of this works great, but its inconsistency is starting to annoy me. Has anyone else had these issues?

The Gmail app isn't any better. I've gotten 2 notifications in the last 2 days that I had email, and both times the notifications came hours after the email was received.

wow. my phone lets me know I have gMail before my computer does.

to the OP: you can always try K-9 Mail; it's free. I've been very happy with the latest version of it.

jd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones