problems with dinc and questions. please read!Support

Last Updated:

1. spurs21

spurs21 Member This Topic's Starter

hey i am a newbie here, just got my dinc a week ago and have some questions. - i know the battery life sucks so i got the seidio 1750 battery. whomever has it, does the battery life get better after a few charges because so far it sucks. It is basically the same thing as the stock battery. Like how long does it take for the battery to break in with experience

-secondly, the weather/clock widget that is provided by htc, like i try to update automatically every 1 hour, but then it never does i go back and it is unchecked again.

-lastly, i open up something like my music player and the realplayer app randomly opens like i know because i have atk and it shows it there. many random apps show up like skype and the stupid verizon city id or w.e

I really need help with these problems :(, so it would really be appreciated if you tell me your experience with any of the problems and how you fixed them. Thanks!

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement
  2. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

In regards to the battery, it generally takes about a week to fully break in. But don't expect magic from that battery, reports are showing that it's really not any better than the 1500 mAh for $15.

Check out this thread for information: http://androidforums.com/accessories-incredible/119578-battery-testing-results.html

While there are a couple of people on here that seem to be able to get more, for the average user don't expect to get more than a days use out of the 1500 or the 1750.

Not sure about the other two things but maybe some others will have some answers for you.

spurs21 likes this.
  3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

First, the seidio 1750 is on par with an HTC 1500mAh. There's a thread about it in the accessories section. Still an improvement over stock.

Secondly, go to settings>accounts&sync and make sure auto sync is checked. It overrides other settings.

Thirdly, I've never seen realplayer on my phone, but stuff like City ID is part of the ROM and requires you to root your phone to delete. Also, System Panel is better than ATK.

spurs21 likes this.
  4. mihneagabriel

mihneagabriel Well-Known Member

ok first off im not an expert by any means and i dont know everything 100% but ill try to answer your questions

1. I have the 1500 battery so i cant exactly answer this one but my battery did the same as yours, it took a few cycles to charge up. maybe it was because i played with it a lot more the first couple of days.

2. i remember someone saying this was a problem because something else wasnt checked. I have the power control widget on one of my screens and thats the only way i turn the sync on and off. add that widget and make sure the sync mode is on (second from the right). if that doesnt work try to give it a reboot and they make sure all the sync options are turned on.

3. some of the programs that came with the phone are always running and will boot back up if you shut them down. I wouldnt worry too much about it. Many on here will say that atk only makes your battery worse because when you shut those programs down, they will use up more power to start back up. IMO you should lose the atk and let the phone do the app killing.. just make sure you dont forget certain apps running, (i forgot trapster on once and it killed my battery; just shut off all apps when youre done using them)

sorry it was so long, goodluck

spurs21 likes this.