Problems with display settings.Support

Last Updated: 2012-11-01 14:04:30
  1. dkhotpockets

dkhotpockets Active Member

After rooting and flashing my warp i now have a problem with my display timeout setting.. Once the screen shuts off it looses the setting. Flashed back to stock, used different roms with the same problem each time. Someone please help before i smash this thing...

Advertisement
  2. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Calm down, and tell us what rom you flashed, It can be fixed, thats what we do here!!
    Don't smash it yet!!
    dkhotpockets likes this.
  3. dkhotpockets

So far i have flashed shins,Warp ice cream sandwich,Windows 7 and alien warp. All work fine at first but after a day i have that problem with the display setting. I have even flashed back to stock and started process over.
  4. cartersball

cartersball Well-Known Member

Are you only flashing the ROM, or are you also flashing other things? Kernel? Apps?
    dkhotpockets likes this.
  5. dkhotpockets

Just the rom on most. The only one i flashed a kernal was the alien warp rom with the 1.8 oc kernel. And now i am noticing it wont let me change my keyboard. I click on the different keyboard and it just brings me right to original one.
  6. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

Are you doing a factory reset in between flashes? Clearing cache and dalvik? Sounds like you had a bad flash the first time and it stuck.

Do as I said with clearing caches and factory reset. Reset first. Let me know how that helps.
    LilBit and dkhotpockets like this.
  7. dkhotpockets

Im pretty sure i did that with every flash but i just tried it again.
    LilBit and alsaces daddy like this.
  8. LilBit

How's it comin hotpockets? I see the guys came up with some stuff for ya.
    Did it fix the prob?
  9. dkhotpockets

I just factory reset,re-flashed cleared both caches... Its doing the same thing again
  10. LilBit

Well dangit!! You may have to put in a call to customer support or return it. Maybe. Let's see if anyone else responds to the thread with something else for ya. Umm, this is obvious, but, their is a setting to change your Display timeout, but you prolly know that. Then again, the most simple things sometimes get overlooked!!

settings/display/screentimeout

I know you already set it, try again, reboot afterwards.
    alsaces daddy likes this.
  11. dkhotpockets

Yea i have done that... How can i unroot the phone?
    alsaces daddy likes this.
  12. LilBit

13. alsaces daddy

Lilbit you hold my heart. Thanks for helping him. If that doesn't work then its hardware buddy. I'm sorry to say you will have to call zte or go to your local boost store although boost rarely helps because its not "their" phone. :(
    dkhotpockets and LilBit like this.
  14. SicFreak

SicFreak The Message is SIC!

Actually it sounds like the good ol sticky bug issue... And that can be the kernel, so I would suggest trying a new kernel.

Let me know if that works for you. Also, some rooms are worse then others with the sticky bug issue.
    dkhotpockets likes this.
  15. LilBit

He ended up over in Public Mobile forums trying to flash a recovery of theirs, I followed him over and still couldn't get him back. :( I gave him Star screams how to unroot guide. (Heavy Sigh)
  16. dkhotpockets

Thank you all for your help. But now i have a bigger problem, while i was trying to un-root phone i flashed over to public mobile and now i cant get back to boost mobile.
  17. LilBit

This is out of my league now.:mad:
    I so want to get your phone back
    for you!!! Did you try starscreams
    how to unroot get back to pure stock
    guide? I even sent you a pm, with
    the link.:)
  18. LilBit

Hotpockets, stay on this thread!!! OK? Here is a possible way to put cwm back, can you pull the sd card and put it in a reader for your pc? If you can, then just transfer the file over that way, put the card back in the phone and try to flash it.
  19. LilBit

You have stock recovery now. Stay out here, my pm box is full.

You do have stock recovery right? I'll stick with you till were done.

Just let us know whats goin on K?
    dkhotpockets likes this.
  20. alsaces daddy

Okay so you flashed public mobile? You gotta flash a stock boost mobile or any rom I believe. What have you done?
    dkhotpockets likes this.
  21. LilBit

22. dkhotpockets

Yes i have stock recovery right now. But from what i can tell so far i can not get clockwork mod through flashing i would have to use command prompt and i am having problems with that right now.
  23. LilBit

If you cant flash a stock, signed, BO8c Rom using stock recovery then you have a hardware problem.

Edit: Mr Bobo is online today, send him a PM, and explain the situation, He MAY be able to help.
  24. dkhotpockets

So it has nothing to do with the fact i have public mobile on the phone right now?
  25. LilBit

PM Mr Bobo, He MAY be able to help you.

Edit: YES!! It has everything to do with the fact you have Public Mobile on a Boost Mobile Phone!!!
    dkhotpockets likes this.