Problems with downloading Apps from Market

Last Updated:

1. dpshptl

dpshptl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have only had my phone for a few days and i'm starting to have some problems with downloading apps. At first I had no problems I downloaded 8 or 9 of them and they installed fine. Then I was not able to download anymore. Each one I tried to download said "download failed and did not install. When I looked at my status bar it showed 10 or 12 apps that did not download. So I did a factory reset and cleared everything out and started again. The same thing happens I get 5 or 6 and then the rest give my error saying not downloaded and not installed. So again I did a factory reset and tried again and came across the same prob. I got a few and then no more. I do not have a data plan yet. So I'm just using the wifi in my house. The ones that did not download i left them over night thinking they might get done by morning but no luck. please help THANKS!

Advertisement
  2. Notahotshot

Notahotshot Well-Known Member

This has been an issue for a while with some builds of android, even stock. Some of the "fixes" suggested are toggle wifi, toggle 2g/3g, start/stop google talk. Even if you don't normally use these, they seem to have an effect on the market connectivity.

I experienced this problem on stock 1.5 pre bug fix with just one app. And on the 1.5 Galaxy port with a few apps. For me starting and stopping google talk worked.

3. dpshptl

I have tried all of these ideas but no luck. Still getting apps not downloading.

4. dpshptl

Does anyone think I should get this phone traded for another one? I can't wait and hope that there will be an update coming soon.

5. ScrumHalf

ScrumHalf Active Member

I had the same issue this morning. Shut the phone off then turn it back on, wait until connected to Wifi to launch the Market, and try again. Worked for me (over 3G).

6. Wolrah

Wolrah New Member

I am running 1.6 DOTS and I ran into the same problem. After reading this thread I logged into Google Talk (for the first time since flashing this ROM) and it worked like a champ. Jumped right into the market and was back in action. :cool:

(I did not mess with switching 2G/3G or attempting over WiFi)

Gotta be an issue with the Google account stuff.