Problems with Editing Images

Last Updated:

1. Droid Chris

Droid Chris Member This Topic's Starter

Good evening everyone,

My first post here, so I hope it goes well. I am working on my first droid app and have the layout and everything else done. The only problem I am having is coloring in a portion of an image. I can do the whole canvas or a rectangular portion of one, but not the desired area (and by desired area, I mean an area that is outlined by black lines like a part of a rainbow on a drawing etc.)

I have checked into NinePatchDrawables and other graphic things. I was thinking there should be a way to select a clip based on black lines that surround a shape. Then, I could take the clip and shade that.

Otherwise, I think I could make a fill method that fills the shape by intergrating lines that are orthoganol to each other that fill the shape, but I think that this would be too costly to the operating system.

I am testing the last method id in java right now and will let everyone know how it was done.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Droid Chris

Droid Chris Member This Topic's Starter

What I have found out is that Droid developers have access to photoshop.com mobile API for editing images. This is not what I want but it does show me how other apps function the way they do. I believe that I am going to change my app up a little bit and perhaps work on a image fill method for java/droid later.:confused: