Problems with email on MomentSupport

Last Updated:

1. pattonthegen

pattonthegen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I noticed recently that my phone does not auto check for emails anymore. I have only had the phone a few weeks and everything seemed to work fine when it came to emails up until the last few days.

Now it seems the only way I can tell if i have any new emails is to actually go to each email account on my phone and hit refresh then I will get a bunch of emails. I have even tested it today by changing to check frequency from 1 hour to every 5 min. then I went to my gmail account on my pc and sent myself a email to my yahoo account and waited to see if my phone notifyed me. However over 20 min later still no notice from my phone. (ok just got notice on my phone while i was typing this so seems it took about 20 min or so, even though i ahve it set to every 5 min).

Any idea why all the sudden my phone does not seem to be auto checking for new emails like its suppose to? I noticed that sometimes when i hit refresh i am getting a message saying "Unable to open connection to server's" on my hotmail, yahoo, gmail, and roadrunner.

Advertisement
  2. SmokinPiff

SmokinPiff Banned

have you installed a task manager lately? if you did, maybe it's shutting off your email program?

I had problems getting my email from the default email client too. I installed K-9 mail and I haven't had a problem getting any of my emails with that.

3. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

This man speaks the truth. K9 mail and forget about the stock app. :D

4. pattonthegen

Yea i had a task killer app intalled, but then removed it and recently installed a new one. I guess that could be part of the problem so i guess i should just unistall this new one as well, and just go without a task killer.....just drives me crazy for some reason when there are all kinds of programs running in the back ground for no reason and I have no controll over that by default.

I will check out the K-9 yall recommended as well.

5. SmokinPiff

SmokinPiff Banned

I don't think you have to uninstall your task killer if you don't want to. I hate having a bunch of apps running in the background too, I just kill the ones that make no sense to have running all the time and put the others on the ignore list. start your email app and then go to your task killer and place your email on the ignore list. that should help you out. if not, K-9 is definitely worth checking out since I believe that it does push, instead of just checking on a schedule for new email.

zcarman likes this.
  6. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Great post Piff! I had to put my email on the ignore list on my appkiller too. I figured it out before reading this, but having it here will save some headaches!

7. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem. I never seem to get any of my emails anymore like when it was new with the default app.

Guess I'll give K9 a try too.

8. pattonthegen

I uninstalled the task killer program and it seems that I am getting my normal email checks now (a little to soon to really tell for sure, will test it more later). Guess I could also re-install the task killer program and make sure the email is on the ignore list. However both of the task killer programs I have found so far don't auto kill as best as i can tell. I always have to open the program up and click kill all task (well except for the ones that were on the ignore list which i thought i had my email on).

9. SmokinPiff

SmokinPiff Banned

:D thank you

10. SmokinPiff

SmokinPiff Banned

which task killer are you using? I thought most of them had on screen widgets that show you whats running and you can kill it from there? well atleast the one I use does (TasKiller) and it also gives you the option to autokill or not.

11. pattonthegen

I was using Advanced task killer free....don't remember the name of the 1st one i was using but neither gave me the option to auto kill task.