Problems with Ford Sync and bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. neil1492

neil1492 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a 2010 Milan and for some reason my phone will only connect via bluetooth about every other time I get into the car. If it doesn't initially connect I am finding the need to reset the phone or flip it through airplane mode quick. Just turning the bluetooth off and on doesn't seem to work. Anyone else having these issues with the Ford Sync or any other bluetooth device?

Advertisement
  2. imahawki

imahawki Member

I'm having the same problem with my Sprint Hero and 2010 Flex... it will only connect less than half the time. If I turn BT off and back on, it will connect. What gives?

3. thathrill

thathrill Well-Known Member

Not sure what the problem is either. Never had this problem with my HTC Touch. I have a 2010 escape and had similar connection issues especially if I left the bluetooth on all day. I added a bluetooth toggle on the main screen. I do not use my bluetooth much except when I am in the car so I just turn on the bluetooth then I press the phone icon in the car and it always connects to the phone. I noticed it also worked when I tapped "make device discoverable" after bluetooth has been on for a while on the hero (Settings-->wireless controls-->Bluetooth Settings-->Discoverable)