• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with Google Voice and my recent call log

adzn

Lurker
Feb 14, 2010
I have an Eris and my recent call log on my phone displays my outgoing calls as Unknown even if they are saved in my google contacts. I have the outgoing calls set to go through GV option selected on the phone and I'm not sure what's going on. The contact is displayed for a second and then reverts to Unknown. When I add the unknown number to my existing contacts it works and displays properly, but when I call the same number back from my contact list, it shows up as unknown. My incoming calls and missed calls all show up with the proper contact info, so it seems to just be a problem with my outgoing calls. Does anyone know what's going on or how to fix this?

also the same number is displayed for all of contacts and non contacts with my outgoing calls as soon soon as the call is connected. The calls start out with the proper contact info when the call is being connected, and then as soon as it's connected it goes back to the same unrelated number. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones