Problems with HandcentSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted in someone elses threads, which was probably the wrong thing to do, and got no answer. So i figured Ill make my own thread. Copied and pasted:

I installed handcent and have used it for a couple weeks now. I turned the stock notification off so that I would only get a notification in the status bar up top from handcent. Everything worked fine until all the sudden I started getting a notification from something else again.

Now when a text comes in I get one from handcent and some other program. I have no idea where its coming from. I checked the stock message programs settings and notification was still turned off. I checked handcents settings and it was still set the same. I then turned off handcents and still got the notification (not the normal handcent one that I usually get).

I even uninstalled handcent and got the notification. Its wierd because even when hadncent was uninstalled, I would open up the notification and it wouldnt lead me to anything. Normally it would lead back to handcent but I guess because it was uninstalled it didnt have anywhere to go. It wasnt leading back to the stock program.

Anyone have any idea what this is? I also cant remove it from my the status bar area unless I actually press the clear button. Handcents notification will go away if I click the message

Advertisement
  2. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I have the same thing. They make 2 different sounds too. I checked the stock message program and such, not there..... if I figure it out, Ill let you know.

3. Dsoto87

I uploaded a picture to show what Im talking about.

I enabled notifications for the both handcent and the stock program, meaning I should get 2 notifications. Well, I now get 3. One from handcent, one from the stock program, and one from an unknown source.

[​IMG]

4. Dsoto87

bump. No answers?

5. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

do you have beautiful widgets 2 installed on your phone? if so, uninstall it. i had this same problem with my droid, and i'm assuming it's the same on the incredible. it's not the regular beautiful widgets, it's the beautiful widgets 2.

i don't know if this will work for you, but i recognize that damn little envelope, and that's what fixed it for me.

Dsoto87 likes this.
  6. Dsoto87

YES! I actually do. Im going to try it right now

Aww man I love you! I removed BW2, rebooted, and it looks like its solved. Thanks so much