• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with HBOGo app

Originally posted about this in the Galaxy Tab 2 forum, but from what I've been reading it's not limited to this device and is actually a more widespread problem. There are several reviews in the Play store that mention the same issue, which for me is as follows-
I can start a stream but it will only play for about 30 seconds, then stop and restart as audio-only. It's not my wifi network, the app works fine on my phone on the same wifi.
Curious how many others here are having the same/similar problems with this app and on which devices.

Originally posted about this in the Galaxy Tab 2 forum, but from what I've been reading it's not limited to this device and is actually a more widespread problem. There are several reviews in the Play store that mention the same issue, which for me is as follows-
I can start a stream but it will only play for about 30 seconds, then stop and restart as audio-only. It's not my wifi network, the app works fine on my phone on the same wifi.
Curious how many others here are having the same/similar problems with this app and on which devices.

I've been having similar issues with my Nexus 7 - audio only feeds, buffering, "sorry, an error has occurred, please try again later" - some days, it's not too bad, other days it's unusable. I also know it isn't my network.

I've contacted support and they told me to clear the data, force stop, and uninstall, then reinstall. Shockingly, this did not resolve the issue, and I let them know that, and haven't heard anything since. The last contact they made with me was on 12/30/2012. I'm not counting on hearing from them again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones