1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Problems with Hotmail "unable to connect server"

1. kanuer

kanuer New Member

I've had the Samsung Ace for a few weeks and all fine at first.

Added a Hotmail account and it was easy and workd fine; I was able to send and recieve e-mails perfectly.

But.....

I noticed over the weekend that no new e-mails were coming through.

I am still able to send, but when I try and refresh and pick up new messages I get the message...

"unable to connect server"

I've tried removing and setting up again, and get the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. evil_akuma

evil_akuma Active Member

Well I i think it just happens spmetimes. I have it on my galaxy ace and galaxy europa. Just wait a few minutes and try again.
  3. kanuer

kanuer New Member

yeah, thats what i thought at first, but its been going on for days!
  4. jnewts

jnewts New Member

I am also having this problem but i can receive mail but when i send it stores in outbox and says unable to connect to server. I had my email running fine for three weeks all of a sudden gone like this...
    Can't find help no where not happy
  5. Wiz2192

Wiz2192 New Member

Hi all,

I understand this should be a new thread but i'm apparently not allowed to create one due to SPAMMING....

Anyway....
    I have a samsung galaxy ace and when trying to set up the email feature i get to the point where i must input my username and password.
    I am allowed to input this data but the options to continue are greyed out...

Any ideas as to why ?
    And any possible fixes for this ?

Cheers
    CA
  6. gandaran

gandaran Active Member

if the options are grey are you sure you typed everything correctly, no misspells?
  7. Wiz2192

Wiz2192 New Member

Perfectly sure, all is correct.
    From my memory they shouldn't be greyed out regardless :confused:

I am trying to set up a Microsoft exchange account with a Microsoft outlook email address.
  8. Wiz2192

Wiz2192 New Member

Turns out it was an APN error, although all APN settings were correct, i eventually received an APN error. Checked with provider for the correct settings and all is well.

Sending handset back for exchange.

Cheers for the response either way :D
  9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Well-Known Member

My mom just got this phone and she is having trouble connection her hotmail account. Its giving her the same error message? Any ideas?