• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with HTC Magic

hardtofi

Lurker
Oct 28, 2009
Hi all,

I've been unable to call or SMS with my HTC Magic for over 24h now. I've restarted it three times, I've went in and out of flight mode a couple of times and I've selected my provider in the list both manually and through automatic.

Still nothing. I've tried my SIM card in another phone and there I can call so the card in itself works fine. What really freaks me out is that I'm still able to connect to the internet through my provider.

Incoming calls and SMS works fine too.

It's reporting full connectivity at my current location and I've tried in several location (several kilomters apart).

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I've had problems when leaving airplane mode that it wouldn't register on the network but then nothing worked.

Thanks in advance

Hi Hardtofi ,

I'm Stumped , you've tried everything including Factory resets. I suppose the only thing to recommend is probably see if you can get it repaired or replaced from wherever you bought it.

May I ask though , What happen's when you go to make a call? is Their signal? Can you receive a call or sms? :)

Upvote 0
Hi Hardtofi ,

I'm Stumped , you've tried everything including Factory resets. I suppose the only thing to recommend is probably see if you can get it repaired or replaced from wherever you bought it.

May I ask though , What happen's when you go to make a call? is Their signal? Can you receive a call or sms? :)

Hi Carl,

Yes I could receive both calls and sms, when trying to call out it was sounding like a busy line without any real waiting for connection, ie as soon as pressing call it started beeping.

It started working yesterday again. I was playing around with activating "use only 2G" and changing my APN to a bogus one and then it started working. I tried my sim card in a nokia phone it worked there, but when trying another magic it didn't work there either.

I don't know exactly what was the problem but it seems like it's something in the combination of the operator Simyo in Germany and HTC Magic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones