Problems with incredible root/Mac

Last Updated:

1. drumelloboe

drumelloboe Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there...

I'm really new/slow with this, so I apologize if I use incorrect terms or anything like that. I rooted my phone last week, did a nandroid backup immediately, and then tried to get rid of some of the Verizon apps with incorrect instructions. I was afraid I may have messed something up so I did the nandroid restore and left it for a few days. I decided to tackle disabling some of the Verizon apps this evening and am running into some issues. (Also, my % of time without a signal went WAY up after rooting before I did absolutely anything else to it... has this happened to anyone else?)

I have Snow Leopard and followed these instructions to set up everything in terminal:

Download the Android SDK for Macintosh
    - Extract it
    - Open up a terminal window
    - type: pico .bash_profile (this will create a .bash_profile)
    - type the following in the new screen: export PATH=$
    {PATH}:<sdkfolder>/tools
    - Hit CNTRL + X
    - Hit Y (for yes to save)
    - It will return you to the terminal screen

Advertisement
  2. emmur0

emmur0 Well-Known Member

you can you Titanium Backup to remove bloatware. that way is a lot easier

3. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

If you are not familiar with SKD, I really wouldn't recommend you use it.

Another vote here for Titanium Backup. It's free on the market. Just install that and it will remove the app's for you.

4. drumelloboe

drumelloboe Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I don't have the paid version of Titanium yet, won't for a week or so more. What is the exact process to do this in the free version, as I see "uninstall" and "delete" on many apps? Will uninstalling any of these Froyo Apps (Amazon MP3, CityID, VZNavigator, etc.) adversely affect my phone? Or is there a way to disable them and move them to my SD card and/or laptop so that I still have a copy of them if they're for some reason ever needed?

Also.. will I be able to do things with ROMs and boot animations, etc. without being able to use SDK? (SKD? so confused *sigh*)

5. v8dreaming

v8dreaming Well-Known Member

There should also be an option to "freeze" the app. so that it doesn't run or show up. It doesn't delete it though.