Problems with linpack or...Support

Last Updated:

1. 1324356565

1324356565 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my DX was putting up .66 seconds before froyo, after froyo I was pushing about .34 seconds, a little after that it started saying could take 30+ seconds then saying 6.something seconds, it keeps doing that and im pretty sure something is wrong?

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

the important question is, are you noticing a serious lack in performance, and that is why you turned to linpack to back that up, or are you simply benching your phone, and basing all of your worries off of that?

because, if it is the latter, i would say not to worry about it. benchmarks are fun and all for purposes of bragging rights, but they really shouldnt be relied upon too heavily to determine how well your phone is performing.

if everything seems fine, and it's just the bench that seems screwey, then i wouldnt worry about it. it is common for benchmarks to be all over the place, depending on other factors with your phone, such as other resources being used while running the test.

if that isnt the answer you were looking for, try uninstalling and re-installing the app, and see if you continue to have the issues.

1324356565 likes this.
  3. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

I agree and as far a linpack is concerned it's a bad app. The d2 has the same hard ware with less memory yet gets twice the mflops the dx gets. Doesn't make sense. If you're having performance problems try dumping your cache and rebooting.