problems with metamorph

Last Updated:

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have a droid eris running cynogen tazz 5.0. I like the way that the themed version of 3.0 looked and when tazz didnt release a themed version of 5.0 i decided i would look into metamorh.

i searched XDA and this forum before i downloaded it from the market so i could learn about it. i also went ahead and found the theme i would try first.

i chose blackmod here. [THEME] BlackMod v2.2 for CM6 (9/3/10) Now with Nightlies/RC1 - xda-developers it is located in the hero section of XDA but i found in the thread some people who had it on the eris. so i downloaded it to my phone along with metamorph. i put the zip in a folder on my sd card named AndroidThemes just like it said.

when i tried to open the zip in metamorph it said that there was not an xml file and it wasnt not made correctly or signed or something along those lines and that i should contact the maker about it. so i tried another one and it did the same thing so it must be something i am doing.

i then searched and found a post saying to go into the folder manually in metamorph and find the .xml file. he said that it would definitely be somewhere in the zip. well i didnt find it. in there. when i opened the folder in metamorph it said there was nothing in it.

has anyone had this or similar problem? or know how i could fix this.

Advertisement
  2. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

This won't work for Metamorph, as it is a flashable theme zip. That means it is something to be flashed via recovery, though I dunno if it would work for your set up. I suppose you could give it a go and see what happens. Just do a Nandroid back up first. Otherwise, look for threads that specifically state Metamorph in it. Hope this helps.

Check this one out, it seems similar to what you are looking for: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=769624 You should be able to find another MM that has a different battery set up in case you think the blue color doesn't fit the theme like I do. Also, can't help but plug this one while I'm at it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=768628 . :)

ericDylan likes this.
  3. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

what you can do is use my metamorph kitchen to build a metamorph based on the flashable theme.

4. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks! i think i will give Transparent Chaos a try. looks awesome.