• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with MTG3 and syncing Facebook

h794

Lurker
Jan 27, 2011
Hello everyone. I got the Android 2.2 update for my mytouch 3g this week, and although it's been pretty cool for the most part, I've had some problems with the facebook app since then. When I try to sync the app (under Accounts & Sync), I am unable to do so. Everytime I select facebook it just takes me back to the "Accounts & sync settings" page before it. Any ideas on how to fix this, or if it's just a problem that's being fixed?

Additional, maybe necessary details:
I've tried uninstalling and downloading the app several times, and it does not help.
I've had the app for a while before the update, and I've noticed that ever since the update the mobile facebook website it asks me if I would like to download Facebook for my Nexus One instead of my Mytouch. Even when I have the app installed, it says this. This might not be part of the problem, but could it be?

Thanks for the help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones