Problems with my evo help please.Support

Last Updated:

1. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm rooted but s is still on and nand is not unlocked.

I'm running the stock rom.

I use to get little delays occasionally when I tried to make a phone call, and sometimes the keyboard was unresponsive when I tried to text. Always passed in a few minutes.

Now the thing is just lagging. delays all the time regardless of what I'm doing. I also get a message sometimes when I try to take pics saying I don't have file permissions for the sd card. A shutdown will usually resolve this.

Sometimes when I shutdown I can't restart it without popping the battery out for a few seconds.

I thought it might be related to an overclock widget I was trying so I deleted it without improvement. I'm getting really frustrated. This is not the phone I bought.

Any suggestions or ideas. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

it may be the way you are running it....

it's my understanding you rooted...installed super user apps...then unrooted, or at least turned locked nand back?

it seems that you may be having issues as you are running in a sort of half root mode.

not really certain as this is not a setup I have seen often.

possible solutions:

if you are in fact rooted did you make a nand when things were working correctly? if yes wipe dalvik, cache, bat stats and flash that backup

that honestly is all i've got...you could try flashing a modified stock rom from over at xda and see if that helps

other things I have seen help...delete text messages if you have alot. check into recently installed apps maybe something is causing issues.

and really check into that half root thing...I keep thinking that may be causign issues but honestly who knows

hortstu likes this.
  3. hortstu

Thanks for the suggestions. I never fully rooted. Got humg up half way through and never completed the process. So needless to say, I have no nand backup. I'm not sure the half root is the problem, since Ive been this way for awhile. Could be though.

4. hortstu

Oh and this stock music player never works right anymore. Locks up more than anything else.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I honestly think a hard reset and full root and reflash will be your best bet....it may not bue the cause ...but should be the best solution :)