Problems with my Galaxy... Help me out pleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. juliusedward

juliusedward Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a bunch of problems which are making my galaxy unusable

i am using galaxhero rom with II5 firmware

1) When the charger is connected, if I pick u a call, the phone shuts down on its own and doesn't boot up. it gets stuck at Samsung galaxy screen. I have to remove the battery several times to make it boot u properly :confused:. This happens even when I immediately remove the charger and make a call.

2) When charging my galaxy, the phone gets very hot. Sometimes it gets really hot and does not unlock. I have to remove the battery and reboot.

3) While I am using Wifi, Youtube or google maps, the same thing happens as in problem 1.

4) Camera in video mode does not work at all. When I record a video, the camera does not respond :(

5) When I tried to put Galaxo 1.6.33 rom, the screen shows red lines/dots. This is not seen on Galaxhero rom. This even happened with Gaosp beta 2 rom. When I go back to Galaxhero rom, every thing with the screen is fine.

6) The battery drains very fast. I get only 5 to 6 hours of backup. I checked adb logcat to see if the phone is waking up, I see no application is trying to wake it up. Phone sleeps properly.

7) The proximity sensor doesn't work at all while on call. the screen always stays on during call.

Are these hardware related problems?
    if I have to get my galaxy repaired under warranty, how do I get it to original factory settings?

help me out please. i caanot use my galaxy anymore :confused:

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Wow, your phone sure has a lot of problems, and I can't really help you with them.

To get it to its original state, you'll have to remember what firmware you had, download it somewhere and use Odin to flash it to the phone. After doing this, you shouldn't have anything left except the data stored on your internal SD card, which you can easily wipe or transfer.

3. juliusedward

Thanks for the reply DaSchmarotzer
    My firmware was I7500DDII3 with CSC I7500DDII5. Where can I download this?

4. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

Have to ask, did you do a wipe before applying galaxo?
    edit; and http://samsung-firmware.webs.com/ is the best place to go for stock firmwares - much though I hate them for their Samsung fanboy attitude. Honestly, who would have thought there was such a thing? :D

5. inFECT

inFECT Well-Known Member

No, the best place for Galaxy i7500 Firmwares is in my Signature and you dont need to signup :p

6. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

Ha, apologies apologies [bowing smiley]

7. juliusedward

hey inFECT, Bomberman
    I cannot find my stock firmware in both of these sites. Is there any other source??