Problems with my Hero

Last Updated:

1. overfrakken

overfrakken New Member This Topic's Starter

I am the happy owner of a HTC Hero. Until recently (almost) no problems.
    Now, whenever the display turns off, all my software stops.

For example, if I'm listening to music, the music stops when the display goes off (HTC player, Last.fm and Tunewiki). The same thing happens to all other software, browser, waze etc. I have to start all over when the phone is turned on again.

I have tried to delete the last couple of installed programs. But no luck. Any suggestions??

Rom version: 2.73.405.5

Advertisement
  2. themorgs

themorgs Member

If it's causing you that much of a problem, perhaps you should just bite the bullet and go for a factory reset.

Just think, it'll be like getting a shiny new Hero again all over again.

3. overfrakken

I forgot to mention, that I experience frequent force closes (touch FLO and android core). A factory reset is probably the best idea, thanks.

4. Chnoch

Chnoch Member

do you have a task killer installed, that automatically kills processes when you're screen gets dark? there are some out there that have this feature, and i could see it being the problem if everything stops once the screen goes off.

5. overfrakken

Well, I have both TasKiller and Estrongs. Have worked without problems for months. However, uninstalled both and eureka it seems to Work again. May be an updated version causing problems?

6. monkegeo

monkegeo Active Member

There's loads of posts about task killers not being needed on Android and causing more problems than they solve. At first I was sceptical, but I've ditched them and all seems fine. Having said that I download lots of apps and you do get the occasional memory hog that needs uninstalling, but there's always been an alternative that behaves.